Monday 10 January 2011

Final Film Opening - Evaluation - Question 7

Question 7: Looking Back at Your Primary Task (The Continuity Editing Task), What do you Feel You have Learnt in the Progression from it to Full Product?


I think I have learnt more about the editing proccess than anything else from producing the full product.


The continuity task helped me to get to grips with the camera shots such as the 180° rule and the editing techniques such as match-on-action and shot-reverse-shot. Before I didn’t really understand them however doing this task helped me take some of the things I learnt and put them in to my final product forming a much better end result than what I would have had if I had not done the continuity task.
I tried to keep mystery throughout my opening sequence, by creating an enigma I kept the audience interested through out , I did this my not revelling the identity of the stalker also I did not reveal what actually happened to the girl.
Throughout I think I could have done better with the camera work as it was a bit shaky mainly in the scenes of the close ups of his face.  I would have liked to have more camera angles, for example a tilt, low angle or a following shot; another shot I would have liked would be a bridging shot however even though I could not get this I have been able to portray this via an editing technique called addictive dissolve.
The continuity task made me aware of my mise-en-scène.

No comments:

Post a Comment